The principle objectives of the Institute are:
- To provide high quality super specialty care using state-of-art technology in Ophthalmology meeting National and International Quality standards.
- To enhance the safety of both the internal and external customers through enforcement of standard policies and procedures for all the major activities and processes involved in the provision of healthcare.
- To optimize the resource utilization.
- To continually identify and enhance the knowledge and skills of the care providers at ECRC.
- To improve quality of work life of all workers at ECRC.
- To proactively strive to continually improve.
The institute provides not only tertiary level facilities but also a mixture of primary and secondary level care in the field of Eye Care.